The past few decades have been extremely diversifying and developing for the education sector. Quality education was once equated with money and was considered as something that only the rich and privileged could afford. But the 21st century opens its eyes to the right to education for everyone, irrespective how what kind of families they belong to. Even the average families today can afford a mobile phone for their children’s education. The teachers can also reach out to children for sharing their knowledge and can teach online easily. ‘Teach Online’ or ‘How to teach online’ was one of the most searched questions of 2020-2021. The pandemic, economic recession, and financial risks made several teachers reconsider ‘online teaching apps’ or ‘online teaching’ as a safer source of income.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TEACHING ONLINE:
To teach online independently, a teacher is hardly required to fulfill any eligibility criteria, instead of his/her skills and knowledge of the subject(s) he/she wishes to teach. On the other hand, collaborative teaching with online teaching apps or a set of institutions might require a teacher to be a graduate, postgraduate, etc in some cases. The teachers might have to appear for a few knowledge tests to join these institutions, while independent online teaching(youtube, etc) allows them to teach without any such requirements.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ONLINE LEARNING:
Online learning is very convenient for students as the only thing they need is an electronic gadget with a good camera and speakers, a smartphone or desktop would work fine. The online teaching apps often provide free courses or scholarships to excellent students. The
students might need to qualify for the scholarship tests, set by the team of these online teaching apps.
3 PERKS OF TEACHING ONLINE FOR TEACHERS:
- MULTIPLE SOURCE OF INCOME: Continuing their traditional job, individuals can still teach online in their free time. Teaching online might add to their finances as they can earn extra income with the regular and fixed salary from their job. In fact, some online teaching apps do offer happy salaries to the teachers, maybe more than what they used to earn at their jobs. Teachers who teach online might have to worry less about cutting down on their expenses.
- ECONOMICALLY AND ECOLOGICALLY SOUND: Online teaching does not need teachers to pay for traveling, renting a place for teaching, classroom setup props(furniture, electronics, etc). The teachers who teach online can use their personal rooms as teaching zones, as there are no set rules on how an online classroom should look. Online teaching requires less printed material as teachers can share the study material in the form of online documents. Hence, creating less paper waste.
- BETTER GUARDIAN COMMUNICATION: Teaching online helps the teachers to communicate more frequently with the parents/guardians of the students unlike the 2
yearly traditional parent-teacher meetings at schools. Teachers can provide time to time feedbacks of the students and can ask their parents to help their children more in the weaker subjects.
3 PERKS OF ONLINE LEARNING FOR STUDENTS:
- 24*7 ASSISTANCE: Students can clear their doubts right at the point of time when the doubt enters their mind, unlike traditional schools or tuition classes wherein the students need to wait till the next day to clear their doubts. Online teaching apps provide options of on-the-spot doubt clearance to the students at any time of the day.
- UPDATED STUDENTS: Online learning helps the students stay updated as many online teaching apps keep arranging general knowledge quiz for students as well as keep updating daily or monthly current affairs either on their official websites or on their teaching apps.
- COMFORTABLE LEARNING: Online learning allows the students to learn from their comfortable environments, without worrying about proper dress code or early morning showers. Students can have their meals at the time they feel hungry unlike the fixed interval breaks at schools. Students tend to perform better when they are mentally and physically comfortable.
- THE GOOGLE APPS ARE USED BY OVER 20 MILLION STUDENTS IN ORDER TO GET A QUALITY EDUCATION.
- THE PAST TWO YEARS HAVE SEEN THE USAGE OF GOOGLE APPS GROW BY 100%.
We hope we were able to provide something useful to you through our article. Kindly, share your thoughts about online education in the comments section.
Thank you for reading.