By DOUG FERGUSON, AP Golf Author
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland (AP) — How properly are you aware your British Open historical past? Do that trivia quiz with a St. Andrews theme:
1. Which course has hosted essentially the most British Opens?
2. Who has the bottom rating in a British Open at St. Andrews?
3. Tom Watson gained the British Open on each Scottish hyperlinks course within the trendy rotation besides which one?
4. Who did John Daly beat to win a playoff at St. Andrews within the 1995 British Open?
5. Who was the primary British Open champion at St. Andrews?
6. Identify the participant whom Jack Nicklaus beat in a playoff to win his first British Open at St. Andrews.
7. What was uncommon about Tiger Woods’ first British Open victory at St. Andrews?
a.) He didn’t hit right into a single bunker over 72 holes.
b.) He didn’t have a three-putt for the complete event.
c.) He wore white footwear for the primary time.
8. Who was the final participant to win at St. Andrews in his British Open debut?
9. This British Open champion at St. Andrews holds a serious championship report for having the low rating in every of the 4 rounds. Identify him.
10. Who’s the one British Open champion to interrupt 70 all 4 rounds at St. Andrews?
11. Who captured essentially the most claret jugs with out ever successful at St. Andrews?
12. Tied for the lead after 36 holes, Nick Faldo beat the world No. 1 by 9 photographs within the third spherical on his technique to successful at St. Andrews. Who was his sufferer?
13. How did Jack Nicklaus shut out his main championship profession at St. Andrews in 2005?
a.) By making the minimize at age 65
b.) Hitting a 1-iron off the 18th tee
c.) With a birdie on the final gap he performed
14. Three gamers accomplished the profession Grand Slam by successful the British Open. Identify the one participant to do it at St. Andrews.
15. Throughout a apply spherical at St. Andrews in 2000, Tiger Woods hit driver and 5-iron into the inexperienced on the 352-yard ninth gap. Why?
a.) He was utilizing Phil Mickelson’s golf equipment
b.) He performed a reproduction of the gutta percha
16. Identify the primary South African to win the Open at St. Andrews.
17. Tees have been lengthened and pot bunkers added to the Outdated Course out of a priority for the trendy golf ball. At which British Open did this happen?
18. Who gained the final British Open that completed on a Monday?
Extra AP golf: https://apnews.com/hub/golf and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
Copyright 2022 The Related Press. All rights reserved. This materials might not be revealed, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.