The breakfast was served onto trays by an out of doors contractor, NANA Administration Providers, at about 8:45 a.m. on Tuesday and the youngsters introduced their trays to a cafeteria desk to eat, the district assertion mentioned.
After the youngsters complained concerning the burning sensation, college district and NANA workers “instantly adopted up by smelling/tasting the milk and looking out on the container/label,” the assertion mentioned. “It was discovered that the ‘milk’ served was really a ground sealant resembling liquid milk. Workers instantly directed college students to cease consuming the substance and eliminated it.”
The positioning supervisor for RALLY, the summer time care program, contacted poison management and alerted dad and mom, based on the assertion, and “all steps offered by poison management had been fastidiously adopted.”
One scholar acquired medical therapy at a close-by hospital, and two different college students had been picked up from the college “and should have gone to hunt medical recommendation,” the assertion mentioned.
The situation of these college students and the remaining 9 youngsters was not included within the assertion.
An investigation into how the incident occurred is ongoing and contains participation from the college district, NMS, the Metropolis and Borough of Juneau, and Juneau Police Division, based on the assertion, which didn’t specify who’s main the investigation.
CNN has reached out to the Juneau Faculty District, NMS and the Juneau Police Division for extra info.