If you are an urban dweller, owning a small apartment is an achievement in itself. Living in a smaller space comes with its challenges when you want to decorate it. It’s all about striking a balance between function and design. With a little help of clever ideas, you can transform your small place into a comfortable yet stylish one. Let us break down some must-have furniture pieces for your small apartment to beautify it.
- Replace Sofa with Recliner Chairs: Sofa sets are an integral part of any living room, but bringing in a bulky sofa can make your living room more cramped up. Why not replace the sofa with a recliner chair? These are plush, soft, comfortable, and stylish for your modern home. Place a coffee table between two recliner chairs or invest in a 2-seater recliner chair for comfortable seating for you and your guests.
- Trundle Beds: When you are low and space, yet want to make room for your guests to stay over, trundle beds come as an excellent option. For the ones who don’t know what a trundle bed is, it’s a single bed that holds another bed underneath it with wheels. When you want to create extra sleeping space, you can simply pull out the lower bed.
- Stackable Stools: In small apartments seating space is often compromised to accommodate other things. You can overcome this problem with easy-to-store, stackable stools that are handy. You can place it in the balcony, living room, or dining area when you have extra guests at home.
- Floating Shelves: Utilising the vertical space to decorate your house is a very sensible idea when you have a lesser square foot on the ground. These versatile shelves come in several designs and models and can help you hold your precious books, indoor plants, trophies, and your lovely artifacts.
- Large Mirrors: Mirrors are a great way to make any small space look bigger. Have you ever wondered why? Large mirrors reflect your interior décor and also the natural light that enters the room, creating an illusion of bigger space. Be experimental and cover a whole wall with a rectangular mirror and see the magic!
- Ottomans: It’s a multi-purpose piece of furniture that’s high on trend these days. These come in different models, some are like low couches with no arms and back, while some are like small seating stools with storage. You can practically place an ottoman anywhere, as a stool for your dressing table, perfect extensions of your couches to stretch your legs, or as extra seating in the living room.
- Fold Down Dining Table: If your house has no separate dining area allocated, you can use a fold-down dining table to still have a sit-down dinner with your family. This model can be customized as per your requirement, and when not in use the dining table can be pushed back in the wall to create more space.
Use the above furniture ideas to keep your house more organized, clutter-free, and yet upbeat.