Leena Nair (born 1969)
Leena Nair is of Indian Origin And She is from Kolhapur,Maharastra.
She is the CEO of the French fashion brand Chanel (as of 14/12/2021). Prior to this position, Leena Nair was the first female, first Asian, youngest ever Chief Human Resource Officer of Unilever and member of the Unilever Leadership Executive (ULE), which is responsible for delivering Unilever’s business & financial performance.
Nair bears overall responsibility for the human capital of Unilever, which operates across multiple regulatory and labour environments spread over 190 countries. Under her leadership, Unilever has been named the number one FMCG graduate employer of choice in 54 countries heads the Diversity and Inclusion agenda for the organisation ensuring that its workforce is diverse and inclusive.Nair is an advocate for human-centred workplaces and compassionate leadership.
In 2007, Nair became the Hindustan Unilever’s youngest executive director and the first woman in the Management Committee of Hindustan Unilever in 90 years heading HR. She was appointed the first woman on Unilever South Asia Leadership Team a year later. The team was responsible for Unilever’s growth in each of the following markets: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal.
Leena Nair Early life and education
Her hometown is Kolhapur, Maharshtra. She was a student of Holy Cross Convent school in Kolhapur. Before graduating from XLRI as the Gold Medallist (1990-1992), she studied electronics engineering at Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli (Maharashtra). After Jamshedpur, she started working at three different factories in Kolkata, Ambattur, Tamil Nadu and Taloja, Maharashtra.
Awards and recognition
A sample of some of her awards
- Role Model of Year, The Great British Businesswoman’s Awards (2021)
- Fortune India’s Most Powerful Women’s List(2021)
- Global Indian of the Year – The Economic Times’ Prime Women Leadership Awards (2020)
- LinkedIn Top Voice (2018-2020)
- Thinkers50 List – Thinkers Who Will Shape the Future of Business (2019)
- Top 10 list of FT HERoes Champions of Women in Business by the Financial Times (2017-2019)
- Recognised by HRH Queen Elizabeth II as one of the accomplished Indian Business Leaders in the UK (2017)
Leena nair is married with two sons. Her interests include reading, running, and Bollywood dancing.