Makeup Kit Essentials That Every Woman Should Own
Makeup can act as armour of confidence. It brings out your best features and subtly hides imperfections. From nude to grand makeovers, makeup helps to express yourself at every place and occasion. Choosing the right products and tools can be a game-changer for every makeup enthusiast. Though the list can go on and on, there are some basic essentials that everyone requires. This guide will help you put together a complete makeup kit with all the necessities.
1. Skin Prepping Products like Moisturiser and Primer: Flawless makeup begins with a smooth skin. Therefore, ensure that you include a gentle face cleanser and a hydrating moisturiser to go with it. A primer is another valuable addition in getting an even base. The cleanser removes any dirt on the skin and the moisturiser keeps it hydrated. The primer evens out irregularities such as fine lines and creases on the skin. This step prepares a uniform base for the upcoming ones.
2. Makeup Brushes: To get perfect strokes of makeup and a smooth blend, you should invest in quality makeup brushes. They help to blend products together and make the application of makeup easier. There are several types of brushes available for each step of makeup. A basic kit should contain a specific brush for foundation, powder, blush and highlighter. As you advance in your makeup skills, add more intricate brushes to your collection.
- Foundation and Concealer: Foundations are used to create a solid base, while concealers are the secret weapons to hiding your imperfections flawlessly. Find a foundation that exactly matches your skin tone. This gives a flawless base layer to makeup. A concealer is slightly thicker in texture. A shade of concealer same as your skin tone helps to hide dark circles, pigmented spots, and blemishes. Add another concealer in a lighter shade. Use this to brighten up necessary areas of the face
- Compact: Make way for compact powder in your kit as it prevents your base from creasing. It ensures the foundation and concealer does not melt or move. It is a useful product for oily and sweaty skin. Compacts are also a great way to give your makeup a touch-up in between long days.
- Brow Pencil and Eyeliner: Eyebrows are the anchor points of your face. Brow pencils help to enhance it and provide a clean shape. Simple eyeliner can pull an entire makeup look together. It can transform the shape of your eyes or simply enhance it. From a cat-eye look to a winged liner, it gives an instant edge to your makeup.
6. Eyelash Curler and Mascara: The eyelash curler is quite an underrated product considering the immense possibilities that it can bring. It gives flat lashes a curled and lifted effect, drawing attention to the eyes. Enhance it with a layer of mascara to make the lashes look longer and thicker. This combination is a recipe for dreamy lashes.
- Lipsticks, Lip Gloss: A lip colour is like a cherry on the cake. It adds beauty to the lips and completes any makeup look. Though there is lipstick for every hue of your choice; red and nude lipsticks are classic choices to own. Lip gloss makes the lips pop. It is a great addition to add shine to your lipstick or even bare lips.
Now that you are armed with all the must-haves in your makeup kit, you can shop with purpose and look your best self.